Music, food, brew to highlight annual 'Hometown Days' | Arts & Culture
The city’s annual summer celebration, Verona Hometown Days, kicks off Thursday with four days of food, fair, music and more.
At 5 p.m., the 2013 Verona Hometown Days will begin with the carnival, food court and beer tent opening, followed by free live music at 6 p.m.
Events will take place at the Verona fairgrounds, next to the City Hall building, 111 Lincoln St.
Dance band VOH5 will play many cover songs from the ‘70s including funk and disco along with some originals.
Thursday’s festival opener will also include fireworks scheduled to begin at 9:30 p.m.
Daily events through Sunday will also include activities for kids, balloon sculpting, caricature art, henna tattoos and more.
Friday night will feature Madison County from 8 p.m.-1 a.m.
Other highlights Sunday include:
- A parade Sunday at noon
- A car show and run/walk Sunday morning
- The Steve Meisner Band at 2 p.m.
- A beer tasting hosted by Wisconsin Brewing Co.
This year’s Hometown Days marks the festival’s 41st year, according to organizers.
Upcoming Events near Verona
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- American Family Insurance having success being green
- Sherwin Williams opens Middleton location
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker