Verona library named state library of the year | Arts & Culture
The Verona Public Library has been selected as the 2013 Wisconsin Library of the Year by the Wisconsin Library Association.
Library Director Brian Simons said in a news release Friday that the library was honored to be chosen and was thankful for supporters.
"We are so excited and proud to have been given the highest honor a library can get," Simons said. "This would not have been possible if it were not for the dedicated work of the library staff, the support from the Library Board, the Friends of the Library, our additional private funders, and the response from the people we serve."
Any public, academic, or special library or library system in the state can be awarded the honor, the group said. The award recognizes distinguished achievement in service. The library can claim the honor until August 2014, when a new library will be chosen.
Verona Library said it planned to have numerous celebrations and events in honor of receiving the award.
The library will be given the award in October at the Wisconsin Library Association's annual conference in Green Bay.
The Verona Public Library is at 500 Silent St.
Upcoming Events near Verona
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Author will discuss novel, sign books Thursday
- Middleton police look for vehicle that caused injury crash
- Meeting to discuss possible path between Pheasant Branch, Graber Pond
- Mustard Day returns with tastings, free hot dogs, Mustard Custard
- No traffic through Branch St. at Maywood Ave. intersection Wednesday