Halloween mud run includes obstacles, mud pit, costume contest | Events
A Halloween mud run for kids in Verona will feature several obstacles, a mud pit and a Halloween costume contest, according to a release.
Every dollar in entry fees will be distributed to schools of the participants to fund health and fitness programs, organizers said. Extra funds will be given to high-poverty schools in Dane County.
The event is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 26 at 9 a.m., organizers said. The run will be held at Festival Park at 111 Lincoln Street in Verona.
The run is Tri 4 Schools’ final event for the year. Tri 4 Schools is a nonprofit organization devoted to ending childhood obesity in Dane County through youth swimming, biking and running events, and by supporting health and fitness programs.
In 2014, Tri 4 Schools will begin an after-school program called Exercise to Achievement, which focuses on the link between athletics and academic success, according to the release. Tri 4 Schools also hopes to expand outside of Dane County to help reach more kids in more places over the next two years.
Upcoming Events near Verona
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker
- City to flush water mains, hydrants
- Advisory to run water to prevent pipe freezes canceled