Early Childhood zones expand to Sun Prairie, Verona | News
A new Dane County initiative is trying to get children ready for school before the age of 4.
Early childhood programs will be extending to Westside and Sugar Creek Elementary, according to a release from the Dane County Executive's office. The release said the programs are aimed at making sure children ages 0 to 4 and their families are developmentally ready for school.
The program would serve 39 new families by matching appropriate programs with the needs of those families. It would include ongoing home visitation to those families to develop expectations for regular attendance in class and give access to economic support specialists for low income families.
The program would cost the $350,902, but only $165,000 of that would come from Dane County funds. The remainder of the total will come from donations from the United Way.
Upcoming Events near Verona
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- American Family Insurance having success being green
- Sherwin Williams opens Middleton location
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker