School sends apology letter for using chemical to prepare food pan | News
A letter went home Wednesday to parents of Verona's Savanna Oaks Middle School students, apologizing after a mix-up in the cafeteria.
The superintendent said while servers were preparing pans of marinara sauce for lunch Wednesday, glass cleaner was used instead of non-stick cooking spray.
First- through fourth-graders, along with sixth-graders, may have been exposed.
The school contacted Poison Control, which said it was unlikely the trace amounts that may have been eaten by students would cause problems, and if there were problems, students would have had symptoms within an hour.
Upcoming Events near Verona
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Author will discuss novel, sign books Thursday
- Middleton police look for vehicle that caused injury crash
- Meeting to discuss possible path between Pheasant Branch, Graber Pond
- Mustard Day returns with tastings, free hot dogs, Mustard Custard
- No traffic through Branch St. at Maywood Ave. intersection Wednesday