School sends apology letter for using chemical to prepare food pan | News
A letter went home Wednesday to parents of Verona's Savanna Oaks Middle School students, apologizing after a mix-up in the cafeteria.
The superintendent said while servers were preparing pans of marinara sauce for lunch Wednesday, glass cleaner was used instead of non-stick cooking spray.
First- through fourth-graders, along with sixth-graders, may have been exposed.
The school contacted Poison Control, which said it was unlikely the trace amounts that may have been eaten by students would cause problems, and if there were problems, students would have had symptoms within an hour.
Upcoming Events near Verona
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker
- City to flush water mains, hydrants
- Advisory to run water to prevent pipe freezes canceled