Board awards $179K in ‘innovation grants’ | News
The Verona Area School Board is doubling down on its “Innovation Grant” investment for the 2014-15 school year.
Monday night it voted unanimously to fund nearly $180,000 in new grants, which are designed to spur “innovative, creative, entrepreneurial ideas” in district classrooms.
In the first two years of the grant program, the board had awarded a total of $137,857, so the $179,432 for 13 grants represents a significantly heavier investment. Much of it will be in the purchase of computer equipment.
However, Verona Area School District superintendent Dean Gorrell said it is well worth it based on the success of past grants.
Upcoming Events near Verona
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- American Family Insurance having success being green
- Sherwin Williams opens Middleton location
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker