Teacher invited to social media panel during SOTU | News
A Verona government teacher will be listening very carefully to the president?s State of the Union speech on Tuesday.
Jason Knoll was invited to watch the speech from Washington where he will take part in a panel with other White House social media followers.
Knoll said he?s trying to impress the importance of social media, politics and government on his students.
?Teenagers are pretty adept at using social media, but sometimes if I can show them that there?s a really cool way to use social media that can actually open up some doors and connect with people around the world,? Knoll said.
He won?t be in the U.S. House chamber during the speech, but he will watch the address from the Eisenhower Building next door to the White House. His students will be following him on Twitter @jasonlknoll as he live tweets about the speech using #sotusocial.
Upcoming Events near Verona
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker
- City to flush water mains, hydrants
- Advisory to run water to prevent pipe freezes canceled
- Walker might use new program to complete college degree