Downtown plan gets approval, with an extra note | News
While there were plenty of disagreements among alders Monday about the merits of the city’s new Downtown Mobility and Development Plan, there was one thing they could all agree on.
None of it warranted the unfriendly use of the city’s eminent domain powers.
Even the two alders who voted against the plan – Scott Manley (Dist. 2) and Brad Stiner (D-3) – were part of a unanimous vote to add a sentence making clear the city’s intent not to use that always controversial power.
Upcoming Events near Verona
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Author will discuss novel, sign books Thursday
- Middleton police look for vehicle that caused injury crash
- Meeting to discuss possible path between Pheasant Branch, Graber Pond
- Mustard Day returns with tastings, free hot dogs, Mustard Custard
- No traffic through Branch St. at Maywood Ave. intersection Wednesday