Memorial boys soccer tops Verona in OT | Parents & Kids
Sean Surtees scored his third goal of the night in overtime as Madison Memorial defeated Verona 3-2 in a battle of undefeated Big Eight conference boys soccer teams Tuesday night at Reddan Soccer Park in Verona.
The Wildcats jumped out to a 2-0 lead on goals by Garrett Grunke and Sawyer Quade.
But Surtees scored his first goal of the night on a penalty kick at the 43:40 mark.
He added another at 61:58 to tie the game at 2 and send it into overtime.
In the extra session, Surtees took advantage of Verona's difficulty clearing the ball and he curled in a left footed kick for the decisive goal.
With the win, Memorial goes to 5-0 in the Big Eight while Verona is now 4-1 in the conference.
Upcoming Events near Verona
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 04/26/2014 - Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening - Sherwin Williams
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker
- City to flush water mains, hydrants